Host
NEPI website developed, maintained & supported by EmergencyMedicine.in
View Thread
NEPI » Emergency Medicine » Emergency Physicians
 Print Thread
your message to Dr. Ghulam Nabi Azad
morpheus
Dear all,
If there was one thing, you would like to suggest to the minister of health and family welfare, of the republic of india, what would it be.
It would be awesome if we could each write things here, for the improvement of medical education in the country, esp. within the emergency medicine perspective.
The newly established FACET, seems to be weak attempt to introduce new teachers in emergency medicine.
Can an online course, for faculty in any specialty, make them teachers of emergency medicine !!!
please send in your comments.
Edited by webmaster on 20-03-2010 23:51
And leave footprints in the sands of time.......

maroju
I don't know if I'd really want to say anything to the honorable minister. Not that I don't have anything to say. It is only my deep sense of despair and hopelessness in our political leaders and the system!

It was clear from some of the earlier posts within the forum that a system to 'train the trainers' should be designed to not only develop but also to nurture this budding specialty. It is very heartening to note that at least this aspect has been looked at and there is a conscious effort aimed at this.

However, to me, it appears like there is a mad rush to make things happen quickly to lay claim as 'leaders' of EM within our country. Clearly, this 'elitist' attitude is not healthy for the common good. This phenomenon only happens when the interests are divided and polarized (you all possibly know what I mean!). I feel that there should be one unified organization with one clear agenda, that is, the creation of a EM system that delivers quality care to its people.

I agree with Morpheus that an online program at best is a very feeble attempt to create a pool of 'founding faculty'. However, there has to be a starting point somewhere. If properly thought-through and executed, you'd at least get half-decent faculty! I agree there should be more. The program on 'FACET' at best looks bookish and patched-up!!!

I only hope there was proper dialogue and input into this from all the stakeholders throughout the country. Knowing there are factions, this could be far from the truth!!!

Brace yourselves for a few more such programs...

dr_seem
Hi ,

Do we really think there cud be consensus abt any issue in india ?
"Personally",i feel , people who have already spent some time in EM in india should be given the task of structuring the entire system,atleast the start.Like you said,there has to be a starting point,cud this be one ?

morpheus
i agree with you Dr. Seem.
Someone wise once told me a long time ago
"India has a lot of individual knowledge; but a complete and utter lack of collective wisdom'.

And leave footprints in the sands of time.......

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Want to join a discussion?
Starting/Replying to a discussion thread in NEPI Forum
Copyright © 2006-2020 EmergencyMedicine.in All Rights Reserved