bullet.gif Snakes of Medical Im...
Host
NEPI website developed, maintained & supported by EmergencyMedicine.in
View Thread
NEPI » Emergency Medicine » Queries
 Print Thread
MCEM part A query?
usuf
Hi,i want to know the cirucullum on the CEM uk shows preclinical subject to study for Part A only,so do i have to study only those subjects or clinical subjects also,what is the best way to prepare for partA.Moreover i want to know is it worth joining preparatory class offered by apollo's medvaristy for preparation of part A

morpheus
Refer to the MCEM post on the site...it should give you enough info for the same.
For starters,
only preclinical subjects will be asked...in the MCEM part A exam,
but there can be implied topics that are clinical in nature. for eg. they had asked the A-a gap calculation in the jan 08 mcem part A, which is actually not basic science but is still a part of it.
Read the text books that you are comfortable with, dont mug stuff up, because the exam has all implied questions only.
My personal suggestion... Kaplan for USMLE part 1, with special emphasis on pharmac, anatomy and physiology. So read textbooks for atleast these subjects.
also atleast give a single reading to basic sciences for MRCP by Phillipa.J.Easterbrook, its a great resource. Also has a question bank in the form of a supplementary book which is useful.
refer to online sites like mcem.org which have practice questions.

And leave footprints in the sands of time.......

shajoo
the curriculum given on the site is vvvvvv extensive. can any body plz tell me suggested booklist.
i m reading the following books:
oxford handbook of EM, tintinali , pharmacology at a glance, biochem at a glance, physiology at a glance, ellis and blackwell notes on anatomy and jawetz for micro, phillipa easterbrook for mrcp.

is that enough??? i m not comfortable with kaplan lec notes

morpheus
kaplan lec notes are good... and they cover the core topics needed for the mcem part A exam.
my sincerest suggestion to you is to be thorough with them
regards

And leave footprints in the sands of time.......

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Want to join a discussion?
Starting/Replying to a discussion thread in NEPI Forum
Copyright © 2006-2020 EmergencyMedicine.in All Rights Reserved