bullet.gif Snakes of Medical Im...
Host
NEPI website developed, maintained & supported by EmergencyMedicine.in
View Thread
NEPI » Emergency Medicine » Queries
 Print Thread
preparation for part A
sarwar
I would like to appear in the mcem part a in december 2008, I've got the curriculum. If any one who have passed part -A can suggest the books for part A, it would be very much helpful for me & others..

imron
The curriculum itself mentions the recommended books.

The people whom I know who passed the part A read the following:

Easterbrook MRCP Part I Questions
Kaplan Notes (USMLE Preparation)
Books which you read during your mbbs for anatomy, physiology, pharmacology (Eg: Chaurasia, Dutta, Ganong, Tripati, Katsung, etc(
Clinical Biochemistry
Clinical Pathology from Robbins (General Pathology)
Biostatistics/Evidence based medicine
Clinical Medicine from CMDT or any text for topics in curriculum

What ever you read, just make sure you have gone through everthing mentioned in the curriculum. Remember that you may not clear the exam if you are not well prepared.

www.emergencymedicine.in
shajoo
the curriculum given on the site is vvvvvv extensive. can any body plz tell me suggested booklist.
i m reading the following books:
oxford handbook of EM, tintinali , pharmacology at a glance, biochem at a glance, physiology at a glance, ellis and blackwell notes on anatomy and jawetz for micro, phillipa easterbrook for mrcp.

is that enough???

webmaster
Dear Shajoo

Please do not post the same query in multiple threads. You have asked the same question in 6 different threads!

I have left your question in the most appropriate thread and deleted the other posts. You can reach there by clicking below

[url]http://nepi.emergencymedicine.in/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=9&thread_id=38&pid=221#post_221[/url]
For Indian Emergency Medicine!

www.emergencymedicine.in
shajoo
ok sorry and thanks for coperation

morpheus
dear shajoo
if u are going to read tintinalli for mcem part A then god help you...
stick to the basics
biochem is not that important so u might get just 1 question from it ... but rarely.
same is true for micro
concentrate on anatomy physio and pharmac
read the booklist suggested by dr. imron above.
thats the best booklist for prep for mcem part a
regards

And leave footprints in the sands of time.......

shajoo
thanks brother

shajoo
one more question. is the same question paper is coming in all exam centers, i.e singapore , london and india?? or the paper is different in diff centers. with thanks. i m reading tintinali for the last 3 years becoz i m already an EM resident.thats nothing special for MCEM.

imuwithash
I CLEARED mcem Part A.

maroju
Congratulations to you imuwithash.
Commisserations to the unfortunate ones.
Just a thought.... I am sure that there is already people out there with past papers for the exam. If not, it would be a very good idea to compile a collection of previous questions and create a bank that could be used by prospective candidates...
After all, there is only so many topics that the exam can cover!!!

imron
The past papers are not available. The question papers are tightly controlled by the college and are not given out after the exam. Only those questions which are collectively compiled from memory are available.
The college may come out with a question bank in the near future.

www.emergencymedicine.in
webmaster
POSTED BY INDRANIL on 23-05-2009 at 20:33

hi sorry for the delay to introduce myself. i am indranil. i am a new member to this family. i am an emergency physician and presently in UAE. i have recently finished the FEM from apollo hospital india and is now planning to sit for the MCEM exam this year. so anyone of you help me in getting some books from India. I cannot find all the books as adviced by the other senior members of the family for preparing the MCEM.

please help.

it looks a little odd that i am calling for help in the first instance. but is true

www.emergencymedicine.in
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Want to join a discussion?
Starting/Replying to a discussion thread in NEPI Forum
Copyright © 2006-2020 EmergencyMedicine.in All Rights Reserved